This appetizer is super simple to make and great for summer gatherings.
The combination of the sweet watermelon, salty feta and fresh basil is a crowd pleaser!
1/2 Fresh Watermelon
1 8oz block of firm, traditional Feta cheese – NOT crumbled
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- In a small saucepan over med-low heat, cook the balsamic vinegar until it is reduced to about half. Let cool. The balsamic vinegar reduction should be syrupy in texture.
- Cut watermelon into 3/4” cubes.
- Cut Feta cheese block into 3/4” x 1/4” cubes.
- Rinse basil and remove from stems.
- Assemble: slide a cube of watermelon onto toothpick, followed by 1 basil leaf, then a chunk of feta cheese.
- Place assembled skewers on serving tray and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Serve and enjoy!